Want to try it for yourself? Keep reading for the recipe.
To make the chicken
1 large Ziploc plastic bag
8 organic, skinless chicken thighs or 4 small breasts
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped and divided
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, divided
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
To make the salad
2 sweet potatoes
2 pints Brussels sprouts, washed and cut in half
1 can white Canellini beans
2 bunches of organic Lacinto kale, washed and destemmed
1/2 cup Tahini, divided
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 pomegranate (optional)
1. In a large Ziploc baggie combine the chicken, half of the chopped garlic, rosemary (reserve a half tablespoon for white beans), and one tablespoon of olive oil. Marinate for at least three hours.
2. Heat oven to 375°F. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through and lightly browned, about thirty minutes. Remove from oven, set aside.
3. Rinse white beans in water in a colander. In a small bowl, combine the beans with the remaining garlic and a half tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary. Set aside.
4. Bake the sweet potatoes until they are soft, about thirty to forty minutes.
5. On another baking sheet, coated with a half tablespoon of toasted sesame oil, arrange the Brussels sprout halves. Roast until they are soft and lightly browned, about twenty minutes. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
6. Chop the kale into bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, mix the Tahini, the rest of the sesame oil, and vinegar until fully combined.
7. In a bowl, massage one tablespoon of dressing with one-fourth of the kale. On a plate, assemble the salad: Arrange kale, half of a sweet potato, one-fourth of the can of beans, one-fourth of the Brussels sprouts, two chicken thighs or one breast, and drizzle with another tablespoon of the dressing. Top with pomegranate arils if desired.
8. Keep dressing and the rest of the salad refrigerated in glass containers up to three days.